Built-In (Self) Test Consulting
Built-In (Self) Test (BIT and BIST) techniques have been gaining acceptance as a way of (at least partially) taking care of the test burden because:
- BIST can often prove to be quite efficient and effective in reducing or even eliminating the need for external testing and save a great deal in equipment and in maintenance costs.
- BIT and BIST adds value to the product and can be marketed as an added feature that customers are willing to pay a premium price for.
- The product becomes more supportable and in addition to lower test costs, you gain from faster delivery to market, higher quality, easier support and higher profits.
A.T.E. Solutions, Inc. can consult your designers on how to implement BIT and BIST into your ICs, boards and systems.
We also have some patented techniques that can bring BIT into a product cost-effectively. This general purpose Built-In Test Exerciser and Sensor, (BITES) can be
- constructed as a single-chip built-in tester,
- programmed into Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs),
- or implemented as an embedded Intellectual Property (IP) in a System-On-Chip (SOC) application.
If we can be of assistance, please contact us or call (310) 822-5231